A special message from our CEO and Board President
As we look back at the past year, we can’t thank you enough for being a part of the JFS Delaware family and for your generous support of our mission: to strengthen individual, families and the community by providing counseling and support services. Inspired by the fundamental Jewish value that we are all responsible for one another, JFS Delaware enters its 119th year supporting people of all backgrounds by assisting families through life transitions, helping youth and children grow stronger, and ensuring the safety and dignity of older adults.
In 2017 JFS Delaware was able to:
- Provide counseling services, by our trusted clinical staff, to over 1,500 individuals,
- Resettle 24 refugees who were escaping terrifying circumstances to a safe and welcoming Delaware,
- Send energetic Youth Advocates into the community to provide support, life skills and prevention services to over 550 kids,
- Support almost 300 of our most vulnerable seniors and their desire to age safely and independently, with the help of our indispensable JFS Village volunteers, and
- Expand services in Newark and Sussex County.
JFS Delaware is truly making a difference one person at a time, and we know that there is still much more to be done and many more people in need. Please consider
supporting the annual JFS Delaware Friends Campaign, so we can continue to grow and serve more individuals and families. Thank you for your commitment to our community.